Golf Cart Batteries
The golf cart batteries are sturdy deep-cycle power supplies that extend current draw and continuous discharge. They are designed with about 6 to 12-volt configuration in a wired connection, offering the needed voltage.
Moreover, the batteries for golf carts are undergoing a complete discharge cycle every day. It is not recommended to drain them under 50%, preventing reduced lifespan and service.
Thinpack offers custom battery types for golf carts. We always consider your requested range of voltage and capacity during production. Whether you need extreme cycle, high cycle, power fast, or M-line power source, our team got you covered. Contact us now!
How It Works
The standard batteries for golf cart function in a series. That means electrical movements are occurring from the first installed battery to another. After that, the power is distributed to the specific cart.
Golf Cart Battery Categories
- AGM – The AGM stands for Absorbed Glass Mat. These batteries are a type of lead-acid power source but sealed.
- Lithium-Ion – The LiFeO4 batteries are also suitable for golf carts. They are the safer power source, optimizing reliable current results.
- Lead Acid – these batteries come with the most affordable cost, perfect for custom golf carts. They are heavy and need more maintenance compared to other types.
Why Choose Thinpack Golf Cart Batteries
Thinpack manufactures batteries for custom golf carts with the following benefits.
- Lasting life
- Power efficiency
- Fast charging
- Long period warranty
- and more
However, each battery category provides individual advantages.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Battery
To select the most suitable batteries for your
- Define your golf cart power source, it may be electric or gas.
- Verify your golf cart merged voltage
- Know your required amperage according to usage and charges
- Consider batteries that suit your gold cart sizes
How Long Does a Golf Battery Last?
In general, it depends on the type of battery. Lead-acid batteries, for instance, have a lifespan of up to 6 years with proper maintenance. And lithium-ion batteries can last up to 30 years.
The lifespan of the golf cart battery also depends on its suitable charger. It has to have a feature, such as delivering proper electrical flow and an auto shut-off function.
What Are the Common Issues of Golf Cart Batteries?
Mainly, it’s the corrosion. Since the battery has an acid-and-water solution, corrosion can build up. Both on the battery’s top and contact.
The corrosion may affect battery performance and lifespan. That white crusty forming in the battery must be removed.
Are Regular Car Batteries Suitable Alternatives for Golf Carts?
No, car batteries are not suitable for golf carts. Regular car batteries are for head units, like lights, radios, etc. These are powered using batteries.
Unlike golf carts, the battery is a must to keep the mobile running.