Custom batteries are used worldwide, from commercial buildings to large-scale industrial systems. For most applications, proper maintenance is essential for keeping the battery system running properly. Avoiding costly repairs. Regular maintenance can also extend its life. Thinpack will develop a regulated maintenance plan for your whole critical power system such as the following.
- Inspect all battery-related equipment for signs of damage or abnormal wear.
- Clean battery terminals and cable connections with a baking soda and water solution to prevent corrosion.
- Check electrolyte levels in each cell, and refill with distilled water as necessary.
- Test the specific gravity of each cell regularly to ensure proper charge.
- Check that all charging equipment is functioning properly, and make any necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Replace worn-out or corroded cable connections with new parts as needed.
- Store batteries in a cool, dry place and ensure that they are adequately ventilated.
- Perform regular load tests to ensure that the batteries are able to adequately power equipment.
- Check the battery cases and cells for signs of physical damage, and replace or repair those that are damaged.
- Keep batteries clean by wiping them down with a damp cloth occasionally.